These chocolate chip cookie protein bars have such a delicious flavour and are easily made in minutes with only 4 ingredients. They taste just like an ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie, but with the added benefit of having only healthy ingredients. They have zero refined sugar and are gluten-free.
Its so easy to pull together this recipe. I use salted cashews, dates, and 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder. You simply place everything together in your blender or food processor and mix until fine and incorporated together. The chocolate chips are added at the end so they aren’t broken up.
The protein powder I use is called Bare Blends. It is a very ‘clean’ protein, meaning there are no added preservatives or chemicals, just natural whey protein from grass fed cow milk. Bare Blends also is environmentally friendly and kind to their cows! Protein is great to eat because it keeps us fuller for longer and helps our bodies to create more lean muscle mass, which in turns helps us to become fat burning machines!
Its nice to have these healthy treats in the house. However the problem is stopping at just one! These are great for breakfast even, or to take on the go.
Here is your recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Protein Bars:
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup dates
- 30g / 1 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil*
- Place everything except the chocolate chips in a blender/food processor.
- Blend/Chop until very fine and incorporated together. Keep going until the mixture comes together when you press it together. Stop if it starts to look oily or buttery.
- Add the chocolate chips and just bring together to mix.
- Place the mixture in an 8x8 greased pan, cover with clingfilm and pack down hard with your hands.
- Let chill in the fridge until set, about 15 minutes.
- Store in the fridge.