These crab stuffed mushrooms are buttery and light with a delicate, creamy topping of lump crab meat, parmesan, lemon, and breadcrumbs and baked to a perfect golden brown in only 25minutes.
These made a beautiful appetiser for our dinner this evening. My in laws are visiting Sydney for Christmas and I love having the extra support with the kids to be able to get in the kitchen and try some great recipes out.
This was the perfect recipe to spend some time making- its actually very easy and there is no real ‘stuffing’ involved, just gently placing the filling on top of the mushrooms. And they easily cook in the oven in 25 minutes. You’ve got to love recipes that only use one pan, too. In this case I used my Pioneer Woman cast iron skillet which looks so pretty to present and makes me happy because it reminds me of my Kentucky roots. I was literally raised on food from cast iron skillets.
I take part in a food blogger’s recipe swap club, and this recipe is courtesy of Kimberly from Berly’s Kitchen. There are so many great recipes on this site – I wanted to try them all! They seem to feature some great classic recipes and have so many great ideas for all your needs – whether it be baking, family dinners or entertaining for a crowd. There are some really great cocktail recipes on the site, too!
This recipe would be perfect for a holiday party. The button mushrooms make the perfect finger food size to just pick up and pop into your mouth. Ever been at a party trying to juggle fiddly food with one hand, purse under your arm and drink in the other hand? Awks.
Here is your recipe for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms:
- 20-30 button mushrooms, caps removed
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g/6oz lump crab meat
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ green pepper, diced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ lemon, juice and zest
- Heat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Chop the mushroom caps and add to the onion. In a skillet, saute them together with some butter until soft.
- In a mixing bowl, combine this mixture with the breadcrumbs, parmesan, crab, seasoning, lemon zest and juice, green pepper, egg and seasonings. Mix to combine.
- In the skillet you used before, set the mushrooms. Place a teaspoon of this mixture on top of each mushroom, in the well where the stem was.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with a little more parmesan and place in the oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 -10 minutes before serving.